Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Planning future road trips

So, since I moved to Boston, I've always gotten home to Dayton, Ohio via airplane. It's a 14-hour drive, which is an awful lot to do solo, and if you break it up into two days then you have to pay for lodging and more meals, and well flying just makes sense.

However, my friends are doing an admirable job of buying homes along various points of I-90. This could change things significantly. I now or will soon have friends to see in Cortland NY, Meadville, PA, and Youngstown, OH, all of which would break up the trip into manageable segments and none of which would add much to the total driving time. Hey, if I stopped at all three it would add about another two hours to the drive, and I wouldn't stop at all three on one leg.

Hmmm ...

No comments: